Sunday, January 16, 2011

The French Riviera

Hello and welcome to my very first blog post!! For those of you who don't know me, my name is Morgan Buckley and I am a Senior Marketing major at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. My greatest passion in life is travel and there is nothing I love more than discovering amazing, unique places around the world. Whether it is fascinating locations, gorgeous views or world-renown 5-star hotels there is just something about escaping the complexities of day-to-day life and taking a breath of fresh air in a foreign country. That is why for the next 10 weeks I will be sharing with you 10 of my favorite places that I would love to escape to someday. I may have to win the lottery (multiple times) to be able to afford half of these trips but hey a girl can dream, right?

With out further ado, I would like to introduce you to my most ideal travel spot in the whole wide world - CANNES, FRANCE!


{Photo : Courtesy of Dr. Hostel Travel Guide}

Located on the French Riviera, Cannes is one of the best known cities on the Mediterranean. Home to the annual Cannes Film Festival, Cannes is also famous for its various luxury shops, restaurants, and hotels. Many say it is a busy tourist destination but for some reason this place just screams perfection to me. There is nothing more breath taking than the South of France and I would love nothing more than to spend my summer months running around in this town.

The waterfront avenue, La Croisette, is what makes this city so incredible. Boulevard de la Croisette is known for its picture perfect beaches as it stretches along the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. La Croiseete is also known for its renown upsale shopping boutiques selling all kinds of fashionable items. It is a favorite spot for both locals and visitors and has magnificent views of the ocean as shown below.


{Photo : Courtesy of Wayfaring Travel Guide}

Located on the Boulevard de la Croisette is a beautiful hotel called the Intercontinental Carlton Cannes.


Registered as a Historic Landmark in France, many people call The Carlton the hotel of stars on the French Riviera. Welcoming prestigious guests for many of centuries, The Carlton is closely linked to the Film Festival and to the world of cinema. I, myself, would love nothing more than to spend a few nights at this elegant palace on the Mediterranean.

I highly encourage anyone who is interested in traveling to the South of France to take a look at Cannes, France and especially look into staying at The Carlton. Although I have yet to experience this opportunity, I can assure you that it would be an incredible escape.

Until next time, Bon Voyage!

4 comments:

  1. I say we go together! This summer...you think the boys would like it? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a plan to me sister! Maybe I should feature Disney World for the boys. Thoughts? HaHa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready to go again. Maybe on a cruise this time so we can see more of the coastline and hit Monte Carlo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's go next summer...after your new niece is here!

    ReplyDelete